Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 120
East coast had some punt?guns for flock shooting water fowl, english have a 3?guage maybe a size above and below. Sorry for lack of specifics but some ideas.

Upvote 0
Only seen a couple pics over the years of shotguns bigger than 10 gauge,(not saying yours is) the duck boats had there barrel mounted to them so they could be big!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would also agree to it being a 10 gauge. If not possibly some type of flare? HH
I don't believe punt guns were used on the Ct, river this far up but I may be wrong?
Broken Knee

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You got that right mister I was working on a roof in Hadley, man the cold goes right through you!
I would have rather been digging! What else did you get? HH
Broken Knee

Upvote 0
You got that right mister I was working on a roof in Hadley, man the cold goes right through you!
I would have rather been digging! What else did you get? HH
Broken Knee
Pretty slim pickins,did get a sling swivel, stuff is there there,just got to get your coil over it! Had a 3 Silver day the other day.Never thought I'd say it,but, I may upgrade.

Upvote 0
Without dimentions, slightly bigger than the quarter is 8 Gauge. Next size is 4 Gauge and so on up to 000 Gauge. I have 36-32-28-24-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-4-3-2-1 Gauges to measure from. If you can measure the head with something that measures in .001 Inches we can tell for sure. Good find. Clean it a bit and it should be marked as to gauge.

Upvote 0
Without dimentions, slightly bigger than the quarter is 8 Gauge. Next size is 4 Gauge and so on up to 000 Gauge. I have 36-32-28-24-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-4-3-2-1 Gauges to measure from. If you can measure the head with something that measures in .001 Inches we can tell for sure. Good find. Clean it a bit and it should be marked as to gauge.
1.030+- .010

Upvote 0
It is a 10 gage. Pistol Pete gives some other opcion but tens have been around for a long time and are still used today on waterfowl and a few turkey Hunters.

Upvote 0
Ya got an 8 There Chris,
this UMC's rim is 1.02" Etrac is great, but I'd also consider the Deux.
With the saltwater I hunt, the V3I will be my next upgrade. Best Wishes! Herbie :hello:

Attachments

• NH FINDS 07-06 016.jpg
    NH FINDS 07-06 016.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Ya got an 8 There Chris,
this UMC's rim is 1.02" Etrac is great, but I'd also consider the Deux.
With the saltwater I hunt, the V3I will be my next upgrade. Best Wishes! Herbie :hello:
Herbie,I hunt with oxbowbarefoot,Jason,that XP amazes me!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back