What do you do with???

I keep all the metal trash in a five gallon pail in my trunk. When asking for permission it's a good visual aid to show what could be removed from a site. I do tend to keep the fiercer bits at the top when doing this. A few razors and knife blades and a syringe usually raise eyebrows.

At the end of the season I toss it all in the garbage and begin again. Now that I've got a detector with TID readout I find I'm not accumulating near the same volume of trash.

Bottle caps-circular file,pulltabs-save up to donate to local school,plain ole junk scrap-save the junque,toss the junk. :)

Charlie P. (NY) said:
I keep all the metal trash in a five gallon pail in my trunk. When asking for permission it's a good visual aid to show what could be removed from a site. I do tend to keep the fiercer bits at the top when doing this. A few razors and knife blades and a syringe usually raise eyebrows.

At the end of the season I toss it all in the garbage and begin again. Now that I've got a detector with TID readout I find I'm not accumulating near the same volume of trash.

That cracked me up,yet seems like a great idea

Every piece of metal goes somewhere!! Its recycled or put in safe keeping. You would be surprised at the amount of trash picked up over the course of a year, copper, aluminum, brass, and other metals that can get you a few bucks!!

I try to toss it in a trash can before I leave the site I'm digging. Less for me to deal with!

i keep the copper and larger pieces of aluminium
recycle it later

I used to drag it all home, but now i just dispose of all the trash in the first trash recepticle if find....

Keep diggin'...

I'm needing to do some Cementing around here.

I'm Thinking about Mixing it in the Cement
for Ruffage ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back