Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this beeping yesterday, 50 caliber maybe?, not my forte...
006.JPG
thanks for looking:hello:

Upvote 1
Yup...looks like a fifty. Measure across the base..probably 1/2", which would be fifty. Nice find.
Jim

Yup...looks like a fifty. Measure across the base..probably 1/2", which would be fifty. Nice find.
Jim

since that is a boat tail shaped round, you would actually have to measure across the area just above where it starts to taper towards the bottom. but yes, that's a .50 cal.

Gold and silver is not exciting enough, now your finding, bullets...big ones! :laughing7:
Congrats! Nice find!

sorry msbeep, no gold yet:laughing7: still looking for that yellow in the hole!, hey guys, question: whats a boat tail? and its significance re other varieties/styles, for I know not.

sorry msbeep, no gold yet:laughing7: still looking for that yellow in the hole!, hey guys, question: whats a boat tail? and its significance re other varieties/styles, for I know not.

A boat tail projectile tapers back a little toward the case end.

Look at your bullet picture, while imagining looking down on the silhouette of a boat, from above.

Looks very familiar. I agree .50 caliber.

got it...thanks for the info! and you all can appreciate this is a keeper, a relic, if you will. I tell that to my bride about all my finds, she still doesn't get it.:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back