Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

The Wire is Not for Electrical Purposes.

It appears to have been either A hanger upper

images.jpg

or

hanger Downer

DSCF0001(1).JPG

Both My Nephew & I have exclusive permission on a spot and found one of these last week while searching
a 312 year old Tavern along the River.

I know they are not that Old but being the wide spread History of the spot

from the Iroquois nations / ferry house / hotel / post office / railroad station
to present Tavern to name a few, they were found

just outside this wall

DSCF0003.JPG

other pictures of the site here

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pennsylvania/461219-anybody-want-get-out-tomorrow-sunday.html

Looks like a ceramic or porcelin insulator for electric or telegraph wiring they go back to around 1850 where they were first produced..

Upvote 0
Im with slikriktn1

Upvote 0
Thanks all ! That's a place to start :thumbsup:

I'm doing a google Image search now

Upvote 0
Looks like a ceramic or porcelin insulator for electric or telegraph wiring they go back to around 1850 where they were first produced..

Not for telegraph, it's too small. But they are insulators for electric fencing to keep the cows in or out. These are also used as carriers in old knob and tube house wiring. I have seen many of these under old houses in los angeles CA

Upvote 0
It is a insulator for a lighting rode. We have removed a lot of these from old houses and barns. the rode road against the outside of the insulator and was secured with a small pc of wire that went through the insulator

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back