What are these two things?

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
I found these yesterday while detecting a Union Campsite. I think the one on the left was probably connected to a leather strap that was on a leather pouch of some kind, but the item on the right has me totally puzzled. I have found many bullets, a few buttons, two axes, two barlow knives and a lot of miscellaneous items at this site. All opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 399
Maybe it is from a saddle, I forget what they are called but they go over the breast of the horse with leather straps that run on the sides of the horse and then up through the middle of the legs......Maybe

Upvote 0
Possibly it could be a connector for a martingale, however Its questionable. Typically a circular or D-ring is used. I have a full rigged Macclellen saddle and do not recall one being used by troopers. They were used on pack animals, but rigged differently.

I recall seeing a web site that contained an exploded view of various rigging applications. May want to let your fingers do the walking through cyber-space...

Suspenders maybe?

Upvote 0
Thanks Stefen and Arkobnrs for your posts. Your ideas give me more possibilities to research and I do appreciate them.
Ron

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back