What are these ? Need the experts

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These all came from the same yard of about 35' between them all. The Military lapel and I think other U.S. button came from a horses bridle because the the way they are fastned in the back? The decorative piece I havent a clue but it seemed to have had a rod or something length wise on the back side. The token or coin is what really has me wondering. Is it a coin or token? Need the experts . Thanks for looking enjoy and fire away.

Attachments

• DSCN0129.JPG
    DSCN0129.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0131.JPG
    DSCN0131.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0139.JPG
    DSCN0139.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0133.JPG
    DSCN0133.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN0138.JPG
    DSCN0138.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 98
Well the one US piece def wasnt on horse tack,with the stud like that?Perhaps on a hat?The other almost looks like it may have had a Rossete(Tack)type attachement though.Cool finds

Upvote 0
Picture 2.....U.S Army ROTC pins......maybe?

Upvote 0
Is that a guy wrestling a bear on #4? Or are they dancing?

DCMatt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 'coin like' object is pewter? I assume & is a medallion (many types made for many reasons), its hard to date without a full ID, but circa 1900 would be close.

Upvote 0
Are you in or near Berks County, PA? Could pic #4 be an image of Daniel Boone (from Berks County) wrestling a bear?

Just a thought...

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 98
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
They both appear to have the general shape. A clock pendulum, thats so cool. But it makes you wonder how they would end up in a yard ?

Upvote 0
Yes it my be steel of pewter, from the looks of it , it has been there for a while. I can start to make out a few letters , I will keep trying and see if I can put it together. Thanks

Upvote 0
DCMatt, it could be a bear , I first thought it was a dog like animal but now that I look at it from what you have said it does look more like a bear. And yes berks county line is a 1/2 mile up the road ! I'm trying to clean it little by little and I'm starting to see a few letters.

Upvote 0
They both appear to have the general shape. A clock pendulum, thats so cool. But it makes you wonder how they would end up in a yard ?
Here you go................
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• Pendulum%20fronts[1].jpg
    Pendulum%20fronts[1].jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Pend2[1].JPG
    Pend2[1].JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
Timekiller, that is crazy ! It just amazes me what we find in the ground. How the H--L do people lose things like this ? Its a really pretty item. Thanks thats what it is I'm fairly certian because of your pictures.

Upvote 0
I think pic.#4 (second row right) has been on here before. A butter or serving knife? Don't know if it was ever i.d.'ed. Maybe someone who saw that post will remember and chime in.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back