What are these 2 curious whatsits?

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these in Shippensburg, PA on a property that used to be a school for black children and now a home sits there. I am not sure what they are made out of and they are not magnetic. I included a stupid memorial cent for size comparison. If anyone can tell me what or how old, I would love to find out! HH all :occasion14:

CAM_0249.JPG CAM_0250.JPG

Last edited:
Bigcyrpresshunter do mine seem to be from the 1800's or no. The house there now was built in the 50's. Before that it was empty after the black school was demolished that was from the 1800s. The piece in the middle matches ur link to a T but not sure about the left piece

Upvote 0
Bigcyrpresshunter do mine seem to be from the 1800's or no. The house there now was built in the 50's. Before that it was empty after the black school was demolished that was from the 1800s. The piece in the middle matches ur link to a T but not sure about the left piece
I dont know but my guess is its old.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. I also have found several of these at old sites and never could figure out what they were, but the photos make it quite clear.

Upvote 0
The time-period question (civil war era, or later) is pretty much settled by examining the umbrella/parasol parts shown in this 1875-dated US Patent Office diagram, drawn by the inventor in order to get legal "Patent Protection" for his newly-invented design.

Attachments

• umbrella-parts_patent-diagram_date-1875.jpg
    umbrella-parts_patent-diagram_date-1875.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back