What about the personal items?!

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Came upon a fresh tear-out today. Small area. Evident someone had already been there as there were many apparent dig spots. That doesn't deter me, we all miss good targets, myself included. What gets me is my predecessor apparently only dug the high tones. Way too many non-ferrous mid and low tones left behind, trash and interesting items. I find the mid and low tones the more interesting targets as they are usually personal effects. So either the person ahead of me only digs coins (literally and figuratively) or they were an amateur.

Broach 060224.jpg

Brass or copper broach. Yes I'm showing the back so the pin is evident. Front view doesn't add much.

Barret 060224.jpg

I'm thinking an early barrette, or maybe another pin. Just showing the back for the same reason.

Religious Talisman.jpg

Some sort of religious charm. Can make out a cross and an anchor, can't make out the third figure. Chime in if you have an idea what this is.

Pocketknife 060224.jpg

And the classic corroded pocket knife.

So someone else beat me to the coins today, but still enjoyed the hunt and pocketed a few interesting items.

Today's finds...

Broach
Barrette or pin
Religious charm
Pocketknife

PBS

Upvote 26
One has to look at some of the items we find and where we find them and wonder - what was happening when they were lost, what was the person doing at the time? Makes this a great hobby. Good finds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back