What about AT Pro vs GTI 2500

These are two different detectors with different features. The 2500 is the top of the line up while the AT Pro is a mid level semi water detector with a DD coil and cheaper in price. You can't really compare them to each others performance either.

what i seen is the atpro out does the 2500 in weight,dept and you can get the atpro wet but the atpro is cheaply made. I rather have a different White's detector to get all my different type hunted done one detector can't do it all and when it goes south your stuck weighting at home till the thing comes back after you sent it in.Hears the scoop classic one up to the classic three or there prizm line for tot lots their gold detector for gold.5900 for relic hunting for vary deeply berried targets that are in the glacial till like float copper and float silver,mxt,xlt,dfx V3i for when your in a park or some ones yard to better under stand whats in the ground so you don't dig for no-then and make a mess out of the property your at and if you have to go really deep for some reason like bragging right then there's the box loop detectors.I hope that helps in your decision making.

liftloop

liftloop said:
what i seen is the atpro out does the 2500 in weight,dept and you can get the atpro wet but the atpro is cheaply made. I rather have a different White's detector to get all my different type hunted done one detector can't do it all and when it goes south your stuck weighting at home till the thing comes back after you sent it in.Hears the scoop classic one up to the classic three or there prizm line for tot lots their gold detector for gold.5900 for relic hunting for vary deeply berried targets that are in the glacial till like float copper and float silver,mxt,xlt,dfx V3i for when your in a park or some ones yard to better under stand whats in the ground so you don't dig for no-then and make a mess out of the property your at and if you have to go really deep for some reason like bragging right then there's the box loop detectors.I hope that helps in your decision making.

liftloop
How can you say the AT Pro is cheaply made when it doesn't compare to the White's brand which are still made large and bulky. The question was how does AT PRO compare to the 2500, another Garrett. I can't understand you saying all White's are better than everyone else's detectors when you have never used others. You don't have any experience using things you know nothing about while I do, having sold and used all the brands. Also it would help to study English and punctuation so we can understand you better. Everything doesn't have to be a White's commercial for you. We know they make good detectors but lets compare apples to apples.

Sandman

personally i wouldn't even consider a 2500. It may have been their top notch machine 15 years ago but, honestly, it doesn't have a VDI readout, weighs a ton, only has notch discrimination and has something akin to a 32" TV for a display...the ONLY machine in the Garrett lineup i would consider buying right now for my style of hunting is the AT Pro.

Sandman said:
liftloop said:

liftloop
How can you say the AT Pro is cheaply made when it doesn't compare to the White's brand which are still made large and bulky. The question was how does AT PRO compare to the 2500, another Garrett. I can't understand you saying all White's are better than everyone else's detectors when you have never used others. You don't have any experience using things you know nothing about while I do, having sold and used all the brands. Also it would help to study English and punctuation so we can understand you better. Everything doesn't have to be a White's commercial for you. We know they make good detectors but lets compare apples to apples.

Sandman
sandman don't you have some womens shoe to worry a bout

liftloop said:
Sandman said:
liftloop said:

liftloop

Sandman
sandman don't you have some womens shoe to worry a bout
No, I don't have time to worry a bout no womans shoe.

I love Yaa sandman and I'm just mess-in with Yaa...I love this forum.If you don't make it interesting it can get pretty boring on this forum.And you don't have to tell me a bout my punctuation,gamerand so forth,I know.

liftloop

liftloop said:
I love Yaa sandman and I'm just mess-in with Yaa...I love this forum.If you don't make it interesting it can get pretty boring on this forum.And you don't have to tell me a bout my punctuation,gamerand so forth,I know.

liftloop
Sorry liftloop, I figured you were another Overkill type. Take care,
Sandman

I'm suprised that no one compares the GTI 1500 v the AT Pro.

1500 has most of the features of the 2500 (Treasure Vision, Power Master DSP circuit, Scan Track etc) in a neater/lighter package at a lower price than the AT Pro (in Britain). Does lack the deep true all metal mode of the flagship 2500 but as Garrett say in their buyers guide if you use Treasure Vision then you can find ten times the coins of a detector without Treasure Vision.

Doesn't this mean that the AT will be finding ten times less ?

U.K. Brian said:

1500 has most of the features of the 2500 (Treasure Vision, Power Master DSP circuit, Scan Track etc) in a neater/lighter package at a lower price than the AT Pro (in Britain). Does lack the deep true all metal mode of the flagship 2500 but as Garrett say in their buyers guide if you use Treasure Vision then you can find ten times the coins of a detector without Treasure Vision.

I have a 1500 and can't bring myself to use it because I have no confidence in it anymore since they "repaired it." I hope everyone understands all metal will find more targets..............

The AT Pro is VERY hard to beat for the $. Garrett made a good one!!

The only thing that concerns me about the AT Pro is that it seems to have been a bit rushed in the QC department, ie. leaking face plate, falsing coils, and wobbly shaft. I hope that I get a good one, time will tell....
With all the bugs aside, this seems to be a nice machine for the money. Maybe an AT Pro II with cam locks, gizmo extension, and all the quirks fixed. That would be worth another $100 MSRP imho.... :read2:

P.S. Liftloop, I'm not being mean, my friend, but there is a spell check at the bottom of the post block. You click on it and it will help you with suggestions. Sandman is right, sometimes it's hard to read your posts, bud. We all know by now that you LOVE Whites machines. I have owned two of them and agree they are built well. But they aren't the only machines out there, have an open mind.

triplehooked said:
P.S. Liftloop, I'm not being mean, my friend, but there is a spell check at the bottom of the post block. You click on it and it will help you with suggestions. Sandman is right, sometimes it's hard to read your posts, bud. We all know by now that you LOVE Whites machines. I have owned two of them and agree they are built well. But they aren't the only machines out there, have an open mind.

I am with you there!!! My favorite machine of all time is my trusty WHITE'S M6, but c'mon liftloop, give us a break here. It seems that every posting mentioning the AT Pro versus any other machine has you bashing the AT Pro in particular and Garrett in general. I'm looking for info on the AT Pro as both a water and land machine not diatribes about the superiority of White's machines every time the AT Pro is mentioned. And I will have to say this for Garrett - their customer service is second to NONE!!! None of the other manufacturers are as responsive to their customers as Garrett. Phew! Glad to get that off my chest.

Everything considered I'd give the nod to the AT Pro, and it's not my favorite either. Come to think of it I'm not sure if ANY of the detectors made in the last 5 years are "my favorite". lol

LuckyLarry said:
Everything considered I'd give the nod to the AT Pro, and it's not my favorite either. Come to think of it I'm not sure if ANY of the detectors made in the last 5 years are "my favorite". lol
Yes to buy a new detector these days you sure take a chance ........... That it will not break down on you................ I have the AT Pro but then i have problems with it...............

U.K. Brian said:

Well i guess that means i will just use my 1500............ Let the AT Pro at home......... That is right Garrett does say that.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back