What a great day!!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Did you ever wake up one of the those mornings and just know that you are going to have a great day detecting. Even though it was 90 degrees and very humid, I got to spend about four hours at a late 1700's site. It gave up an 1807 large cent, another undated large cent, a 1899 Canadian large cent, a beautiful 1859 Indian head, another indian head which is still soaking, an 1869 two cent piece, a nice button with an eagle on it, (don't think its military), a nice little pewter belt buckle, and a religious metal. Also found three wheaties and some new stuff. ...Lance

Attachments

• June 11 2005 finds.jpg
    June 11 2005 finds.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
You certainly did have a very good day!

I would really like to dig a large cent someday. I've purchased some dug large cents and other such items but it's not the same as finding them yourself.

Thanks for showing us your finds.

floatcopper

Wow! You DID have a really great day!

Conrats!

Nana ;)

I was unable to locate that exact button, but I feel strongly that it is a military button and perhaps a rare one at that. Here is an example of a similar one I found listed for $295.00:

Attachments

• NDC203A.jpg
    NDC203A.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 340
Thats more than a great day!

WTG, Keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 337
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 293
What a difference a day makes . Those are AWESOME Lance. Great finds and that button like Omni said could prove to be a real find. They all are for that matter. Congratulations. HH

Awesome finds, WTG!!!
Looks like ya got a very nice site there...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice digs!

Love the button,

HH

Lonewolfe

there are some great finds! looks like you have quite a spot there!

Very nice finds, I am still looking for my first pre 1900 coin. Congrats!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back