What a great day...Again!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Got out for a few hours after church. I didn't feel like heading over to the place where I found the great finds yesterday, since it is quite far away and it was still darned hot again today. Decided to hit a little place close to home where I had found some early items going back to the late 1700's. Only got to spend about two hours before the thunder storms started but again, what a day. Two more large cents, 1820 and 1829, a nice victorian pin and half of a butterfly belt buckle, an early button and a ball button along with another belt buckle. The funny thing is that both of the large cents were only 3 inches under ground and I am used to digging them at about 8 to 10. Not going to complain. Thanks for all the nice comments on yesterdays finds....Lance

Attachments

• June 12 2005 finds.jpg
    June 12 2005 finds.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
very cool finds! ive seen a few of those large cents drilled for a necklace. it must have been a fairly common thing to do back in the day.you have really been cleaning up lately! nice digs!!

Congratulations, again. Thanks for providing depth information on the large cents. That would have been my next question!

Keep it up!

Beautiful!!!!

Nana ;)

Excellent finds!

Sounds like you live in a nice historic area!?

HH and keep posting!

Lonewolfe

Boy Lance your just knockin it dead these days. The brooch or pin is really nice. Way to go. H

You got some cool Coronets Lance!
Woohoo!!

Great finds!! Congrats!! I am still waiting to find my first LC. HH

Yeah that was a great day. I love to search for those early coins and relics. 2 Large cents in one day will be hard to top. It's hard to find one in one day.

Great finds and thanks for posting them. The early stuff gets me going.

HH Jer

WOW!! Great finds! Would love to find a large cent, but where i live, it most likely will stay a dream. WTG!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back