🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Western Mass finds..

GerryL

Oct 30, 2008
western MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got out detecting today; I sailed all summer so this is my first time out since May. These are from a site that was lived on from the 1800s to 1943 or so.
Can anyone tell me what the items to the left of the buttons are? They appear to be copper or brass. The two cylinders have opposing holes near the capped end of the cylinder; it’s possible that the opposite end was capped also (see the two small pieces I got from the same hole). There is also a dividing piece almost like a reed in the cylinders.
The other item is a flanged hollow cone. I see no markings on any of them.
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
I finally got out detecting today; I sailed all summer so this is my first time out since May. These are from a site that was lived on from the 1800s to 1943 or so.
Can anyone tell me what the items to the left of the buttons are? They appear to be copper or brass. The two cylinders have opposing holes near the capped end of the cylinder; it’s possible that the opposite end was capped also (see the two small pieces I got from the same hole). There is also a dividing piece almost like a reed in the cylinders.
The other item is a flanged hollow cone. I see no markings on any of them.
Thank you!
Could the cone possibly be a candle mold? Is there a hole in the tip?

Upvote 0
Could the cone possibly be a candle mold? Is there a hole in the tip?
There is no hole in the top and I think it’s a bit small for a candle. These items are interesting. I may have to search something like an old Sears catalog.

Upvote 1
I think the piece on the right is part of a Jews, juice, jaw or mouth harp missing the reed. Google images and you will see several like yours.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back