Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had some spare time today, so I pulled out the ATP and hit a small spot at the park probably 10ft by 10ft. I went to dig choppy signal at 6"+ and as you see I was surprised. Normally I'm a wonderer , I'm got detecting ADHD. But my slow swing and 0 discrimination yielded me a couple of wheats (2 chopped...I told you I went choppy) a ornate piece and a 1908 V-Nickel. The nickel hit at 43-49 at 6 inches, I'm very pleased with the outcome. Just goes to show you. IMG_1077.JPGIMG_1072.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1071.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 24
Never hunted a park yet, but I could imagine these days everyone and there brother probably swings a machine at them kind of places. One thing is for sure. they can't find it all. Nice hunt.

Good job....especially the old V-nickel.

Never hunted a park yet, but I could imagine these days everyone and there brother probably swings a machine at them kind of places. One thing is for sure. they can't find it all. Nice hunt.

You're blessed trying to finding a wheatie or more at a old city park will make you humble. Lol

Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

HUNTED OUT HUH . NICE FINDS

Nice finds for that small area! Slow and low is the way to go, lol!!!!!

Nice finds! I have a city park that I hunt almost every weekend and it yields something new every time I go, I've become a firm believer never say it's hunted out. When I hunt the park I set MY AT in pro mode and Zero discrimination and listen to the sound if it's sounds good I will dig the target from 40 up.

Last edited:
Nice finds! I have a city park that I hunt almost every weekend and it yields something new every time I go, I've become a firm believer never say it's hunted out. When I hunt the park I set MY AT in pro mode and Zero discrimination and listen to the sound if it's sounds good I will dig the target from 40 up.

Same here Hal2k. Keep swinging:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back