Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
Upvote 25
Nice going I have tried old roads a few times and not had much luck ? Any hints ? :)

Nice going I have tried old roads a few times and not had much luck ? Any hints ? :)
The road leads to an old farm house and barn that was built around the 1700's. Most my finds are close to the house & barn. This is one of my best find some years back at the house. A type V buckle 1660 - 1720.

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
The road leads to an old farm house and barn that was built around the 1700's. Most my finds are close to the house & barn. This is one of my best find some years back at the house. A type V buckle 1660 - 1720.
VERY NICE REPLY !! Thank you. So you do much better near the house sites then just on the roads ?

VERY NICE REPLY !! Thank you. So you do much better near the house sites then just on the roads ?
Yes, all my finds yesterday were made on the road that leads up to where a farm house & barn use to be. I know where all the houses use to be so when I detect on an old road that are now hiking trails I detect close to the area where the house & barn use to be. Most the houses & barns are very close to the road with the house on one side of the road & the barn on the other side. The further I detect away from an old house & barn the less I find. Always do better close to a house site.

Last edited:
Nice finds! That looks like a great place to walk!

Look out for areas beside or along the trail used as camp area or natural formations what could be used as shelter
ANOTHER great hint 11! THANKS !!!

Went to an old road to detect today that is now used as a hiking trail. I detected this road a lot of times with the Equinox 800. So I figured I'll try the Deus 2 WS6 there to see what I missed with the nox. I manage to find a merc, saddle harness decoration, small button & some clad.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back