Went looking for an 1800s cellar hole in P.A. & came across a few intersting finds

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went looking for an 1800's cellar hole in P.A. & came across a few intersting finds

Full carriage.JPGFender.JPGfront wheel carriage.JPG Rear Carriage.JPGshovel side.JPGshovel up.JPG

I came across these few items just walking through the woods to ck out a site for a future hunt. The carriage was seen in the woods on my way to the site with the nearest road being approx a mile away. The shovel and sheet metal were at the actual site. Very cool place. Any ideas of just how old they are? The carriage looks like a piece of old farming equipment. The one piece of steel looks like it was the side of a horse drawn carriage. The shovel was very interesting as it has the most interesting curve where the handle would go. I can't even imagine how they got a wooden handle in there to begin with. Unless it bent and snapped off?? :icon_scratch:

Any ideas as to the approx age. I really would like to date the cellar hole. My guess is early to mid 1800's.

Thanks TNET & HH!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back