Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possum and I went and hunted a hard spot to hunt with all the trash and everything. Besides the 5 occasional wheats the silver was hard to come by, so 5 hours later I got a choppy high signal with a occasional blip in the 30’s, so I went for it because it was choppy but clean and really had nothing to lose lol. I pulled out a shotgun shell and thought about that occasionally 30-31 so keep digging and saw that beautiful raided edge of a Silver Washington. After a hard, sweaty, trashy hunt the big shinny silver in that black dirt was so damn beautiful!! IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0012.JPG

Upvote 42
Beauty there Truth, Congrats! Was one year old when that was minted!

Digging through the trash to get to the treasure is sometimes the only options we have.
Congratulations on the Silver.

Thats is well deserved My friend youve been killin it this year This hobby is grest. Well done

nice silver

Possum and I went and hunted a hard spot to hunt with all the trash and everything. Besides the 5 occasional wheats the silver was hard to come by, so 5 hours later I got a choppy high signal with a occasional blip in the 30’s, so I went for it because it was choppy but clean and really had nothing to lose lol. I pulled out a shotgun shell and thought about that occasionally 30-31 so keep digging and saw that beautiful raided edge of a Silver Washington. After a hard, sweaty, trashy hunt the big shinny silver in that black dirt was so damn beautiful!! View attachment 1638862View attachment 1638863

Hey Truth, isn't a piece of Silver nice to see, you and me both yesterday. Hunting a large park where there IS no Silver? Last target of the day, ringing up at 38-39? a little bit of iron sound, thought one more rusty nail perhaps, out pops a Franklin Half, it also a 1952. Treasure Gods, on behalf of Truth 1253 and sprailroad, Thank You!

Hey Truth, isn't a piece of Silver nice to see, you and me both yesterday. Hunting a large park where there IS no Silver? Last target of the day, ringing up at 38-39? a little bit of iron sound, thought one more rusty nail perhaps, out pops a Franklin Half, it also a 1952. Treasure Gods, on behalf of Truth 1253 and sprailroad, Thank You!

I found a clad half there last week, but HUGE silver is that much better. Congratulations

I’m telling you when you feel hope is lost after hours of digging then you see the first shinny thing you’ve seen all day IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Possum and I went and hunted a hard spot to hunt with all the trash and everything. Besides the 5 occasional wheats the silver was hard to come by, so 5 hours later I got a choppy high signal with a occasional blip in the 30’s, so I went for it because it was choppy but clean and really had nothing to lose lol. I pulled out a shotgun shell and thought about that occasionally 30-31 so keep digging and saw that beautiful raided edge of a Silver Washington. After a hard, sweaty, trashy hunt the big shinny silver in that black dirt was so damn beautiful!! View attachment 1638862View attachment 1638863

My daughter works at a bank. I told here to keep an eye out for quarters 64 and earlier. She call last night excited and said she swapped out a 64. I said, "let's do this." Yea. Congrats on your 52.

Nice, I am jealous!!!! Cant wait to get out and find me a Silver quarter to, been a long time :) I always thought big silver was Half and above!?!?!:icon_scratch::BangHead::laughing7::icon_thumright:

Always nice to find silver coins, but calling a quarter "huge" or even "big" seems a little like overkill to me. Of course I was hunting when 95% of all American coins in the ground above nickels were silver, but we older guys have never called coins smaller than half dollars big or huge silver. I mean where would that leave our descriptions? A half dollar enormous silver or a silver dollar gigantic silver? Of course things do change with time, we never called and still don't call war nickels silver coins either and did and do not count them in our silver tallies. Any coin with a hole in it or solder on it was called "jewelry" since it was just that and did not go in our coin tallies. I guess with so many places hunted out and so many new hunters around a silver quarter may be deemed big silver these days, but it is really the halves, dollars, 8 reales, etc that deserve that title.

Last edited:
Congrats on the silver GW truth !! Unmasking to get to the silver is a science nowadays cuz these are hard to find. Silver is hard to find in general. I find myself (in L.A. pounded out parks) totally in focus for those high squeaks when in heavy trash. I only have one silver GW this year. Job well done Truth !!!!!

Always nice to find silver coins, but calling a quarter "huge" or even "big" seems a little like overkill to me. Of course I was hunting when 95% of all American coins in the ground above nickels were silver, but we older guys have never called coins smaller than half dollars big or huge silver. I mean where would that leave our descriptions? A half dollar enormous silver or a silver dollar gigantic silver? Of course things do change with time, we never called and still don't call war nickels silver coins either and did and do not count them in our silver tallies. Any coin with a hole in it or solder on it was called "jewelry" since it was just that and did not go in our coin tallies. I guess with so many places hunted out and so many new hunters around a silver quarter may be deemed big silver these days, but it is really the halves, dollars, 8 reales, etc that deserve that title.

These are different times no doubt.

Good job picking out that "medium" sized silver outta the trash.

Beautiful find!

Very Cool truth123.

I have not dug a silver Quarter in 2 years.
Nice 'Frosty ' condition on that one as well.

Nothing better than pulling a silver after digging junk all day, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back