• 20240805_172652.jpg
    20240805_172652.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 34
Solution
Similar though
Maybe
Titanium chalcedony?

Yep.

Google for “Aura Chalcedony” optionally preceded by the word “Celestial”. I’m pretty sure that’s what it is.

Aura Chalcedony.jpg

It’s a fake “New Ager” stone commonly sold in the kinds of store where you can get joss sticks, tarot cards, rune stones and the like. The underlaying stone is chalcedony given a man-made coating of titanium. The method involves using the natural electromagnetic charge properties of quartz to embed a vapour coating of titanium onto it, which is then heated to bond it. A lot of it comes from a company in Rochester, NY (and doubtless from China too). The end result is an iridescent surface layer with various hues of blue, purple, pink and green.

From one...
Where on earth did you find that?, seriously.
That thing is amazing.
I wonder if it could be similar to my newest favorite stone...

Upvote 0
It's slag from an ore melt. Could have been any type of ore. Commonly used as fill and road ballast.

Upvote 0
I hope I'm right , cause damn, where can I find that as road ballast.
Maybe don't share your location exactly to the spot . Just incase. A general I found it in the southern states yes or no?

Upvote 0
Okay....
I find this as slag so ????
Interesting to say the least...
Screenshot_20240805-202615.pngScreenshot_20240805-202526.png

Upvote 0
I wouldn't sell it as a slag specimen just yet...

Upvote 0
I Just used Google lens on your peice and am finding some stuff by vaious similar names.
Interesting I'm trying to figure out more about it...

Upvote 0
I Just used Google lens on your peice and am finding some stuff by vaious similar names.
Interesting I'm trying to figure out more about it...
Thank you so much for taking the time to search! I am here googling everything you sent 😀

Upvote 1
If it's fire agate take it to a jeweler, they'll be able to identify it.

Upvote 0
Similar though
Maybe
Titanium chalcedony?

Yep.

Google for “Aura Chalcedony” optionally preceded by the word “Celestial”. I’m pretty sure that’s what it is.

Aura Chalcedony.jpg

It’s a fake “New Ager” stone commonly sold in the kinds of store where you can get joss sticks, tarot cards, rune stones and the like. The underlaying stone is chalcedony given a man-made coating of titanium. The method involves using the natural electromagnetic charge properties of quartz to embed a vapour coating of titanium onto it, which is then heated to bond it. A lot of it comes from a company in Rochester, NY (and doubtless from China too). The end result is an iridescent surface layer with various hues of blue, purple, pink and green.

From one seller: “Brings mind, body and spirit into alignment. Removes unwanted feelings of hostility self doubt” plus a bunch of other claptrap.

Upvote 4
Solution
Yep.

View attachment 2162497

From one seller: “Brings mind, body and spirit into alignment. Removes unwanted feelings of hostility self doubt” plus a bunch of other claptrap.
Yes, it looks so similar to this, I managed to find my self a fake rock 😂
Thank you all for your help!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back