Weird item. Looks(but isnt) like a tuning fork.

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this at an old homesite and that area was later used as a CW union camp. Any ideas on this and how old?
image-2504838426.jpg

image-4177532395.jpg

image-1381334812.jpg

image-1615256504.jpg

image-3141528007.jpg

image-1874507627.jpg

It looks likes some kind of 'rest.' Could it be a fishing rod rest? Interesting find, Breezie

Upvote 0
No not fork. It has holes in it like for screws. Look at pic three the dirt is in the holes. It on both prongs.

Upvote 0
Looks like an early period umbrella part. Found those where I have found the the brass umbrella sprocket and several brass support ribs/arms. Someone on TN once displayed a complete umbrella skeleton display. Wish I would have archived it on my PC.

TN does a fantastic job providing an avenue of information on finds as well as hosting some very experienced readers and I love it for that. If there was ever room for expansion, I would love to see a section where known items are posted as stickys (such as the Navy Blazer button) to assist with ID. Just saying.

Upvote 0
Looks like an early period umbrella part. Found those where I have found the the brass umbrella sprocket and several brass support ribs/arms. Someone on TN once displayed a complete umbrella skeleton display. Wish I would have archived it on my PC.

TN does a fantastic job providing an avenue of information on finds as well as hosting some very experienced readers and I love it for that. If there was ever room for expansion, I would love to see a section where known items are posted as stickys (such as the Navy Blazer button) to assist with ID. Just saying.

Somebody said that too, thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back