RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out a few days this weekend with my brother. Had some decent luck. The middle picture is my brother's finds and the other pictures are mine. Turned up a few flat buttons and another button that appears to have a river boat on the front. Any help with that would be appreciated. I found a thin piece of metal shaped liked a heart with an eagle on the front. Would like to know more about it if anyone knows any information. The site we hunted was an area where calvary staged. My brother found an identical buckle to the one I found in the same area last week. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 0402.jpg
    0402.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 419
  • 0403.jpg
    0403.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 0403A.jpg
    0403A.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 422
  • 0403B.jpg
    0403B.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 423
  • 0403C.jpg
    0403C.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0
Interesting find!
Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

I don't know whether this eagle is a military or civilian item, but I am thinking it may be civilian/patriotic. You might want to PM VOL1266-X and see if he has any information on it. Congratulations on digging up some old relics!

Best Wishes,

Buckles

BuckleBoy said:
I don't know whether this eagle is a military or civilian item, but I am thinking it may be civilian/patriotic. You might want to PM VOL1266-X and see if he has any information on it. Congratulations on digging up some old relics!

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks for the help....... I was hoping the eagle was military.

Great finds you two.
I like that unusual riverboat button. :thumbsup: Any back mark?
Congrats,
MM

ModernMiner said:
Great finds you two.
I like that unusual riverboat button. :thumbsup: Any back mark?
Congrats,
MM

So far I can't see a back mark. I am going to try to clean the back of the button this week.

Nice Finds! anything with an Eagle is Great :o
Cool buttons, & looks like some old Silver too.
HH :thumbsup:

I always read and enjoy your posts Jason and saw this heart shaped relic previously. I appreciate BB's confidence in me but he knows a whole lot more about CW horse equipment than I ever will. A quick search of my reference books (including some now out of print) revealed no results. Therefore, I agree with BB that it's civilian. It appears to be a small martingale minus the lead or could have been affixed to a trunk or something. Rosettes are usually round. If CS Cavalry Soldiers were in that area, it could have been something brought from home too. There are a lot of U.S. martingales with heart shapes and eagles on them but they are usually larger and have a rimmed border. The border on your relic is very different. Again, I'm no expert on CW relics but there are experts here on Tnet. Whatever it is, its a cool find. WTG, Quindy.

VOL1266-X said:
I always read and enjoy your posts Jason and saw this heart shaped relic previously. I appreciate BB's confidence in me but he knows a whole lot more about CW horse equipment than I ever will. A quick search of my reference books (including some now out of print) revealed no results. Therefore, I agree with BB that it's civilian. It appears to be a small martingale minus the lead or could have been affixed to a trunk or something. Rosettes are usually round. If CS Cavalry Soldiers were in that area, it could have been something brought from home too. There are a lot of U.S. martingales with heart shapes and eagles on them but they are usually larger and have a rimmed border. The border on your relic is very different. Again, I'm no expert on CW relics but there are experts here on Tnet. Whatever it is, its a cool find. WTG, Quindy.

Thanks very much for your help......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back