Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my wife and kids away on a ski trip this weekend I was able to get several hours of detecting in. Hunted two new fields in hopes of a new site but they were both full of trash and no keepers besides two crusty coins and a button. Also hunted the field where I found the gold coin last May, found an 1849 copper and two crusty zinc 1940ish coins along with some trash and I have pounded that area. I was surprised to have found anything there but the XT70 has done well at sites I thought were nearly hunted out. High winds and rain today, I keep looking out the window hoping it will calm down but it seems to be getting worse. Spent a lot of time on this field below, this is where I found the bowl weight and rampant lion button the other day, found a few more relics and coins here. This was a nice slow field with the occasional keeper and little trash.
24Feb07field.jpg

This is funny and I do not mind sharing this experience. A forum friend just pointed out something to me. I had complained about the XT70 falling over easily, problem solved. Compare this picture of an XT70 to my XT70 in the field, note the S curve in the shaft, LOL! I corrected it and what's even funnier is, I have been giving advice on how to use the XT70! Live and learn. HH, Mike
pic67749.jpg

The surface finds, 8 glass buttons, 3 glass beads and 3 partial beads.
24Feb07glasbutbead.jpg

A few what is it kind of relics.
24Feb07relics.jpg

The buttons minus the extreme crustys I tossed into recycling.
24Feb07buttons.jpg

The lead finds, a spindle whorl, 9 lead seals and two musket balls.
24Feb07lead.jpg

The best of 13 coins, date side. 1886, 1905, 1875, 1871, 1850, 1875, 1849, 1923.
24Feb07coins.jpg

A poor condition Nazi pin, bottom legend reads DANK=THANKS, I can only see two letters at the top legend RB, the middle has an arrow pointing downward to a swastika near the bottom. Middle is a nice pewter cross and right a poor condition cross. HH, Mike
24Feb07cross.jpg

Upvote 0
Excellent finds, anytime i find a musket ball i consider it a good day!

HH
-GC

Very nice finds!!!

When the fields are turned over with the big clods like that, makes for some tuff walking.

HH
Joe

That place looks like a good place, nice finds to.

looks like you had a good day mike you ever think of stringing up those glass beads and making a bracelet or a necklace just a thought good luck and hh

dylan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back