WB Lock from the B+M RR

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Found this beauty the other day...my first Rail Road lock!! The Boston+Maine RR went through my town many years ago..always hoped to find one of these.... :)

Still has the chain attached and the hasp still functions...even the keyhole plate slides!! She's a beauty...a Relic I'm very proud of!
;D ;D Yellow paper has a copy of what is written on the hasp... :)

HH, Hank 8)

Attachments

• WB RR Lock 11-07.jpg
    WB RR Lock 11-07.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 312
  • WB RR Lock 2 11-07.jpg
    WB RR Lock 2 11-07.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 315
  • WB RR Lock 3 11-07.jpg
    WB RR Lock 3 11-07.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 311
  • WB RR Lock 4 11-07.jpg
    WB RR Lock 4 11-07.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 6
VERY nice find Hank!! It sure cleaned up well and looks like all parts function!

Cool lock some locks are worth a lot of money dont know about that one but still a great find !!!!

Wonderful find,excellent condition as well. Generally any old railroad memorabillia is worth some $, the locks are no exception. I dug an old railroad key that Buckelboy ID'd for me earlier this year I found similar ones on Ebay going for 30-40$,I would think the locks would run similar maybe quite a bit more depending upon the popularity of the line. Keep swinging that 'scanner thing' winter isnt here yet...Shoot

Great find----Those old locks are way cool

You FOUND that?? Lucky stiff... :tongue3: My boyfriend has a collection of B&M and NH locks/keys. In case you didn't know, the "W" is for "Wilson". You are lucky in that the lock is open. Most RR locks I see without keys were closed years ago.

That is a great railroad related find. That chain just adds the icing on the cake !

Sweet relic find! That old lock cleaned up very well, congratulations! :occasion14:

Agreed!....That was a great find....9 years ago.

Very nice. Congratulations and Welcome to the club

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back