Water detecting questions

Howdy Rooster, perhaps you posted it in the beach and shallow water forum, if not you may get better results there and if you search through there you'll probably even find what you're looking for. Happy Hunting. Dan

I KNOW ONE THING IF IT'S SALT WATER YOU WILL GET A BAD SIGNAL... EVEN IF IT'S DRY SAND NEAR THE WATER LINE. YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT, AND LISTEN TO THE TONE'S. I WOULD DROP A DIME, PENNY, NICKLE NEAR THE SHORE AND PASS OVER IT TO HEAR THE TONE'S AND REMEMBER ?AFTER A BITT IT WILL BECOME CLEAR. LIKE I SAID IF YOU ARE IN A SALT WATER AREA. BUT IT STILL WORKS AS A PRACTICE TOOL.OR IF MY WIFE IS THERE I WILL SCAN HER HAND FOR THE GOLD WEDDING RING ON HER HAND JUST TO SEE WHAT KIND OF TONE IT IS. I'V GOTTEN A FEW RING'S THIS WAY. GOOD LUCK. H.H HOPE THIS HELPS

I"ve used a BHID before and had no problem in salt except when going into the water until submerged. It discriminates well but there is no volume control so bring some cotten for your ears. real scratchy responses are usually junk but slight scratchy responses could be open earing or bracelet and I would practice on them more than coins. Hope this helps a little

been using the beach hunter ID for about 3 - 4 years here on long island. very good machine overall. gives false signals near breaking waves but very good in the water . the only problem is you have to force the coil down . other then that it works very much like the minelab excalibur

metalman said:
been using the beach hunter ID for about 3 - 4 years here on long island. very good machine overall. gives false signals near breaking waves but very good in the water . the only problem is you have to force the coil down . other then that it works very much like the minelab excalibur
Try using a sock, fill it with sand and attach to the top of your coil. This should add some weight to it so you don't have to force the coil down.

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back