got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Short hunt not much digging but still got some cool stuff. The watch frame it cool. But I like the Razor. Two Wheats, Lamp wick part. The big round piece needs a lot of cleaning. This it the same spot I dug a US plate a few weeks back. And there is more stuff here. I just need the cows to eat some so I can get low.

DSC04012.JPG DSC04013.JPG DSC04014.JPG DSC04015.JPG DSC04018.JPG DSC04017.JPG Thanks for looking in. Get out and dig. HH

Upvote 1
Cool pocket watch frame and other finds! Tell those cows to get moooving.

That razor is cool, the pocket watch too. Awesome finds!

Nice finds! What does the big round piece measure? Looks very much like a coin to me. Hot peroxide has worked wonders for me on old coppers, but I'd see if you can narrow down and ID first.

Grant, here it is with a Half Dollar. It's the same size but not as thick.

DSC04032.JPG

Nice hunt G2D. With this cold weather, the cows will graze it down quickly. HH, Quindy.

They are working on it and the farmer told me he was going to save the hay for now. So they will cut it fast. I have been working this spot for about year now. And it's put out some nice Relics. HH

Grant, here it is with a Half Dollar. It's the same size but not as thick.

View attachment 730449

Same exact size? Walking Liberty half dollars are 30.6mm ... thinness screams Colonial to me! I think if we have exact mm diameter we can narrow an ID down :-)

Ok Grant, it's 1.19" width and 0.04" thick. Hope this may help.
30.6mm 1.08mm

Last edited:
your old site has paid off again, to get through the tall grass try detecting backwards......your legs and shoes make a flat path to swing your coil in freely
nice hunt got2dig

Ok Grant, it's 1.19" width and 0.04" thick. Hope this may help.
30.6mm 1.08mm

Cool, I'll see what I can dig up! If you see any detail from cleaning, please post :)

It's most likely an English penny of some sort. The older ones were quite large. I'd clean it up with some hot peroxide to see if you can get some detail.

Great Tip! I am dealing with straw about 10-16 inches deep in a pasture and never thought of backwards. I'll be trying it out tomorrow if it doesn't snow. Thanks for the tip.

your old site has paid off again, to get through the tall grass try detecting backwards......your legs and shoes make a flat path to swing your coil in freely
nice hunt got2dig
I like that and will put it to work. There it more just sitting there for me to dig it up, But there in some tall grass. Thanks for the tip. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back