Washington Greenhorn. I want to learn. I will trade work for knowledge.

ShimpZD

Aug 15, 2013
King County, WA
I am new to gold prospecting. I am very interested in it. I am willing to do some work if someone will teach me. I live in washington in a town outside of seattle. I am young and I really want to get into gold. If anyone in the area wants an extra hand for some knowledge. Im the one. If anyone has any advice on getting started with gold prospecting let me know please. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Morning! I'm a member of Prospectors plus, and there are a number of other clubs around too. PP has lots of outings and club activities. Also check out bedrock prospectors. In Renton there is a great little MD and prospecting shop called Black Jacks Metal Detectors, small shop, but clean and the fella who runs it is a great source of info. We have a number of easy to access spots around seattle for the beginning prospector.

I would say to get yourself a decent sized pan, a basic classifier ( our gold is so small get something that is 1/8" or smaller mesh.) Raging river out in issaquah has gold, it's small, and lots of people know of the area, but its a great place to learn. Practice practice practice. The pan is the ultimate tool for finding gold. I would also suggest buying some concentrate from one of out local mining stores and practicing over a tub of water so you can re-pan a few times to make sure you got all the bits (a good concentrate has 8-10 very small bits of gold in it.). After I ran thru my bag of concentrates I took and put those 8-10 bits of gold in a bucket that was half full of dirt and sand, and practiced my skill until I found all them again. Slow process, but the most important skill to learn as you will use it in every step of gold hunting!!!

Cheers and PM with any questions if you want!

20/20-JB

Miners Rally in Liberty is the place to be. this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Liberty is on the Ellensburg side of Blewett Pass on highway 97. A lot of learning can be had there. Most Wa. clubs will be there. Come one, come all. Its going to be FUN. I'm heading over about 1:30 right afer I get done at the Doc's.
I belong to Washington Prospecting and Mining club and Bedrock Prospectors club.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back