Washington funeral token

I don't think that is a funeral token (medal). It is not listed in that section of Rulau & Fuld's Medallic Portraits of Washington book. There are hundreds of Washington pieces in the book - I'll try to see if this matches any. My guess and I will look in that section first, is that this is one of the many items issued in 1932 on the bicentennial of his birth.
John in the Great 208

I don't think that is a funeral token (medal). It is not listed in that section of Rulau & Fuld's Medallic Portraits of Washington book. There are hundreds of Washington pieces in the book - I'll try to see if this matches any. My guess and I will look in that section first, is that this is one of the many items issued in 1932 on the bicentennial of his birth.
John in the Great 208

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.
Let me know if better pictures would help identify it.

Well, I don't see it in the Washington book. The 1932 section concentrates on medals that all exhibit more refined artwork than yours does. There were lots of souvenirs sold that were not cataloged, and I believe yours was one of these. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
John in the Great 208

Well, I don't see it in the Washington book. The 1932 section concentrates on medals that all exhibit more refined artwork than yours does. There were lots of souvenirs sold that were not cataloged, and I believe yours was one of these. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
John in the Great 208

Thanks for looking.

Looks familiar, and probably closer to the $2 price. You'll always see a huge price range on things like that because some sellers stick them out there for crazy amounts just to see if anyone will bite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back