war founds?/

soclose

Aug 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture 023.jpgPicture 023.jpgPicture 024.jpgPicture 025.jpgPicture 026.jpgPicture 023.jpg

Welcome to T Net, where are you located, country? State? You have some really interesting finds.

Upvote 0
Welcome to TreasureNet's "What-Is-It?" forum, the best place on the internet for getting old relics CORRECTLY identified. Your have found military and civilian relics dating from the 1700s into the 20th-Century.

Photos:
Top-left photo shows British Royal Navy and Army uniform buttons from the 1800s (although some of them may be a bit later).
Top-right photo shows what might be a British 1860s Whitworth Rifle bullet (need precise measurements to identify it with certainty), a civilian brass "flatbutton" from the early-1800s, and various brass buckles and loops from packs and horse-harnesses.
Middle-left photo shows four 1850s/60s "Minie-balls" for the British .577-caliber Enfield Rifle, a couple of mid-to-late 1800s pistol bullets, and a late-1800s rifle bullet.
Middle-right photo shows a brass oval-shaped military Crossbelt-plate or buckle (need to see its back) from the 1700s or early-to-mid 1800s, three brass Colonial-era shoebuckles, and a British Crown insignia of some type (need to see its back).
Lower-left photo shows two late-1800s rifle cartridges, and a 20th-Century cartridge. They are more likely military ones than civilian-usage ones.
Lower-right photo appears to be a duplicate of the upper-right photo.

Upvote 0
the full bullet... bottom left... without a scale is hard to tell but my US Marine eyes tell me its a 7.62x54R russsian round. WW2 era and still used today and shot by mosin nagant rifles. Ive seen villagers in alaska using them to hunt caribou with on that life below zero show on nat geo. I own a mosin nagant rifle as well... ammo is EXTREMELY UNSTABLE by todays standards. so dont go shaking it and bumping it around too much.

hope it helps

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back