goldminerelics.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 156
In the first pic (left)
You have bullets ...
A pocket knife...
spikes...
nails...
horseshoe parts...
And axe blade that appears to be sheared in 2 parts... or a "wedge".
and misc. bits of metal... the are some other items which others will I.D. for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the second pic(right) you have...
what appears to be an old tag of some sort...
The handle plate to a pocket knife... maybe even knife in first pic...
A dog dog fork end...
Bottle opener ...
Lock mechanism...
Bullet...
And two larger whitish items are unknown... (what are they made of?)

With some of these they will need more pics... other angles etc.
and material types in order for poss. I.D.

Upvote 0
Top picture, far right below the pocket knife, is something unknown to me, but below that are the remains of three handles, a spoon, and two forks. At the very bottom of
the picture on the right is the remains of a fork that could have been attached to one of those handles. Left bottom of top photo you have railroad spikes, to the right of them
square nails, then chain repair links. In the center you have three horse shoes that have been worn in two, that look to me they were hind shoes, to the left of them is a square
nut. I see what looks like a lock for a small box or photo album/diary what looks like the remains of hooks possibly for wagons or just hanging stuff up. Hope this helps some.

Upvote 0
The two pieces are some type of metal. The larger of the two has a letter. Could be R, P, F, ? It is hard to be sure because the second half of the letter isn't there. The smaller of the two has intricate details and is similar to designs seen on civil war belt buckles. I have some pieces of white metal, painted. Would ceramic be detected as metal?

Upvote 0
You've been very helpful. Do you think there's any value of certain pieces. I'm going to see someone interested in buying my finds and I don't want to get taken advantage of.

Upvote 0
Hello SofS, Your large piece of iron is likely off of a stove. In that same photo, at the very bottom is a pear-shaped piece with a hole in it. That is the attachment bracket for the wire handle of a metal bucket, one on each side. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. I hope to post more soon.

I dont see anything of great value or interest besides the bullets ...but id keep going back to that place its got some good age to that site and potential

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back