Waltham Premier 1935 - 14K and 18K limited edition

Wally B

Dec 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I am in possession of a unique Waltham Pocket watch. I have searched for weeks scanning thousands of image files not being able to find anything close to it. It looks like a very limited edition Waltham. The base metal appears to be solid 14K and possibly 18K on the numbers. There is a crystal on front "and" back giving a clear see-trough on the solid hand cast gold numbers and the watch works. On the edge of the inside case it has the Roman numerals etched for 14K and 18K.

The design is as unique as it gets. The serial number has 28740 with 979 below so will guess it is 28740979 (1935). The works could not be serial 28749 (1860) grade 979 but I may be wrong. The year 1935 would seem more likely over 1860/61.

Looks like a rare custom Waltham piece? The face says: "Waltham Premier" (which I inadvertently wiped most off when cleaning the face with a cloth and alcohol). The tension spring barrel has "Premier" on it also.

Do you know who this piece was commissioned into production for? Not knowing the background the gold content. If a "one of a kind" commissioned piece, then $5,000+ ???

Here are the front and back pictures of the watch on a black background:

MVC-769F.JPG

MVC-770F.JPG

MVC-772F.JPG

MVC-771F.JPG

MVC-774F.JPG

I thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter,

Walter Bubien
Tel. (928) 458-5854

Hello Walter,

Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Yes, 1935 (SN # between 28.6M and 29.1M)
Have you tried sending a pic of the watch to Oldwatch.com?
You can reach them, toll free, at 1-800-750-6577 or by FAX: 405-364-5789
Merry Christmas!!

Don........

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
This says the skeleton case is "GF" or gold filled. Don't know but here it is-
http://meridian-height.smugmug.com/gallery/3321538_ownxd#P-1-15

Thanks diggummup for finding a picture collection source of the model shown elsewhere! :blob7:

The good pictures were from a picture archive storage site though giving no additional information on the rarity or gold versions of that model.

Now the million dollar question is:
Was this model made in 14K or 18K and what is the rarity of that model being that there is virtually no other mention of the model on the net that I have found so far?

Thanks again,

Walter

WJB1A.jpg

Upvote 0
No problem. Like I said, if you join nawcc and post your watch on the forum- pocketwatch- Waltham page, they will be able to tell you anything and everything you want to know about your watch. I know because they did it for me a couple times in the past. The only thing they don't do is put a value or estimate on them.

Upvote 0
diggummup said:
No problem. Like I said, if you join nawcc and post your watch on the forum- pocketwatch- Waltham page, they will be able to tell you anything and everything you want to know about your watch. I know because they did it for me a couple times in the past. The only thing they don't do is put a value or estimate on them.

diggummup:

I did as you suggested and joined nawcc.

The commenter's wanted to see the markings on the inside gold rim and here is the recent post I replied to from nawcc:

Jerry and Etan:

Here are the two pictures of the markings on the watch. I note there are no markings on the outside as Ethan noted on his "Gold Filled" watch. The symbol to the far right on the base inside rim under the 10 at the right appears to be a "K" (could be an "X" though)

The two pictures are as follows:

Markings1.jpg

Markings1.jpg

Walter

WJB1A.jpg

The complete nawcc string can be viewed here - http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?p=615888#post615888

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back