Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, been a while. I just haven't had time recently. I know - poor me! Well, got out in a big way today. First hit a park that I've been dying to hunt. Old home used to reside on it. After an hour, all I had to show for myself was a horse harness ring. Booooooo!

So, I decided that at lunch I would hit another park that I had honestly written off. Went over there and this park is really nice. 10 minutes in I get a 94 reading and think, "Errr, yeah right, here comes a can." But the pitch was just really sweet, not the ear slamming sound of aluminum. Dug down about 6 inches and got a root. Passed the coil over it again and there is that sweet sound again, and 94, not budging this time. I put my hand on one side of the root and pushed really hard on the soil underneath- and out shoots a silver half! "No way!" I exclaimed. Yes way, 1944 walking liberty. My second walker of the year.

That kind of find has a way of focusing you in. Like a freakin honey badger. Started hunting the back area and got a very nice 80 reading. Just really strong. Dig the plug and lookie there, a nice, big men's silver ring.

Scanned around different areas and got no other silver coins. I'll be back tho - I know they are there. An interesting side note is that I went back to the old aerials after that and found that a structure used to reside in a different area that I hadn't noticed before. And a walking trail ran directly thru the area where I found the Walker.

IMG00360-20120409-1422.jpg

Upvote 1
Awesome, congrats!!!

Great finds. Nice story ;)

Really nice finds!!

Joe

Congratulation, very nice ring.

Sweet finds !

Like them walker half and a sliver ring to go with it, I would say that was a good day.Congrats!!!!

Top Notch Day

Looks like you had a hard day to top. I think of those as top notch days. Happy Hunting! CARM

nice hit on the double silver and good luck on the birds eye few of the old trail..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back