Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I noticed what appears to be the remnants of an old wagon trail. Of course I noticed it with ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443908269.610356.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443908302.062982.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443908322.835418.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443908346.602084.jpg5 minutes of daylight left, had to come back today.

Found a few odds and ends, a nice button, and this beautiful little fish scale. It banged a solid 77 on the Deus, and it made my day. Any idea what the little thing on the right side of the silver is?

Upvote 8
Nice Hunt Mike,
Cant help with the ID.
I love that coin.

Nice hunt...:thumbsup:
That is a pretty little half-dime, err fish-scale... Is that what theyre called?
I like that button too, any ideas on type or age. Looks old, and Royal with the crown.
Found a 1812 british Royal engineers button with similar crown recently, but you Canadians have crowns on all sorts of stuff.
No idea what that other item is, was about to ask you.

Nice Hunt Mike,
Cant help with the ID.
I love that coin.

Thanks George. When it came up I could see 192?, I was reeally hoping for 1921. Even in G-4 the 1921 is worth $3500...oh well next time!

Nice hunt...:thumbsup:
That is a pretty little half-dime, err fish-scale... Is that what theyre called?
I like that button too, any ideas on type or age. Looks old, and Royal with the crown.
Found a 1812 british Royal engineers button with similar crown recently, but you Canadians have crowns on all sorts of stuff.
No idea what that other item is, was about to ask you.

Thanks bone. I believe the button is 1890-1920, I can't find much on it but I think it's a "county deputy lieutenant". I'm going to keep looking for info.

The other thing I have no clue, thought it was a squished old ring at first, but it isn't a ring.

Good Finds! :thumbsup:
The item to the right of the coin looks to be a cuff link

Good job on the Silver, maybe I'll get one tomorrow, yes finally getting out for a real hunt.

Congrats on the silver! Interesting that the 1921 Canadian fish scale is a rare date. 1921 is a rare date for the U.S. Mercury dime as well, not that I've ever found one. Must have just been a rare year for coins. I hope the next one you find is the coveted 1921. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the silver! Interesting that the 1921 Canadian fish scale is a rare date. 1921 is a rare date for the U.S. Mercury dime as well, not that I've ever found one. Must have just been a rare year for coins. I hope the next one you find is the coveted 1921. :thumbsup:

The Canadian mint melted their inventory of the 1921 5 cents in prep for the new all nickel design for 1922. Less than 400 known examples exist.

I do know of a member here that found one years ago, what a thrill that would be!

CACHE LIKE THE BUTTON AND COIN FIND .......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back