Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

Attachments

• IMG_2006.jpeg
    IMG_2006.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 23
I saw one walking along in my garage one time, so I guess they can be found around here. My dad took courses in entomology at Iowa State long ago. Odd subject for a man who had no love of bugs, but it landed him a career at companies like Monsanto, where he traveled the world in the pursuit of bug destruction with pesticides. He had a lot of interesting literature and wall charts hanging in his office with wonderful images of insects that were out to steal mankind's food sources. I have most my life been interested in insects, but I'm not above the idea that some must go.

I saw one walking along in my garage one time, so I guess they can be found around here. My dad took courses in entomology at Iowa State long ago. Odd subject for a man who had no love of bugs, but it landed him a career at companies like Monsanto, where he traveled the world in the pursuit of bug destruction with pesticides. He had a lot of interesting literature and wall charts hanging in his office with wonderful images of insects that were out to steal mankind's food sources. I have most my life been interested in insects, but I'm not above the idea that some must go.
Did he work at the Muscatine Monsanto plant?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back