Virginia Store Token

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this L. P. Knicely store token today and I can’t find any record of him working in Edinburg Virginia. Can anybody help me with a time frame for this store keeper? Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564700649.644376.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564700663.666053.jpg

Upvote 18
I'm a Knicely descendant from the Page Valley across the mountain. You might reference Henry Clay Knicely
my GG Grandfather. A number of that family were merchants Justices Of the Peace and community servants.
Henry Clay's Grave is lost to time but I know he was Confederate Cavalry. Try Ancestry.com, I think you'll find
something. These trade tokens served for cash in trade during the great depression. They were the only hope
that the business network might survive the fabricated lack of cash!

I'm a Knicely descendant from the Page Valley across the mountain. You might reference Henry Clay Knicely
my GG Grandfather. A number of that family were merchants Justices Of the Peace and community servants.
Henry Clay's Grave is lost to time but I know he was Confederate Cavalry. Try Ancestry.com, I think you'll find
something. These trade tokens served for cash in trade during the great depression. They were the only hope
that the business network might survive the fabricated lack of cash!

Thank you, unfortunately I’m not a member of Ancestry.com, but I live in Shenandoah County and I’ll contact the local historical society tomorrow.

The book says it dates to to the early 1900's .. says he ran a general store there in Edinburg.

Nicely done!

You need to know that Page was formed from Shenandoah around that time period, so be prepared to search
both data bases.

Don't you mean Knicely done?

quick and full of info, love this site. awesome token too!

Great find and ID

Nice find. Congrats on the great token.

Last edited:
I just found out that Louie P. Knicely is listed in the 1920 census as a merchant in Edinburg Virginia. I appreciate everyone’s help and comments!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back