Virginia beach weekend hunt...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Tough weekend at the beach. Nobody finding any rings, but fun and got to meet Grave digger max. Great guy and informative, as well as a gracious host on his home beach. I found the usual hairpins, bottlecaps and pulltabs, along with the usual junk jewelry. Then the nito bomb as Max calls it. Is it real or is it CZ? It did scratch glass when I got home, but I will let the jeweler tell me. It sure caught my attention when it came up in my scoop from 8 inches down. Too big to go through the 1/2 inch holes in my scoop. Great beach to hunt antway and I am on todays video by Max, so it was a really fun day. Hope the picture of my stud earring comes out ok...Stuart

Attachments

• IMG_20110717_235541-1.jpg
    IMG_20110717_235541-1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
Wow , never saw one that size . Hope it's real . Thanks for sharing

that is a nice sized nitro....hope it is real.
Then you could retire. Let us know what
the jeweler says. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Nice...hope it's real for ya...let us know!

wish i could travel up north this summer looks like you had fun !!! , :icon_pirat:

Thanks for all the kind replies. The trip was a blast. I am working 12 hours a day until Friday. I will have a jeweler look at it then. The post is gold and it did scratch glass when I tried it. Real or CZ it made my day a lot more fun. CrackerJohn, come on up and hunt, the waters fine.

Nice little rock if its real. What the HECK was that black stuff they were spewing out on to the beach just south of the pier?? It was NASTY and STUNK !!! People were out swimming in it. The Seagulls seemed to love it too. Wish I would have had my camera with me.

I had a jeweler check it out today. It was a CZ. I figured it probably was, but you never know for sure untill you get it checked out. It still got my blood pumping when it came up in the scoop. Now I know what gravediggerMax means when he calls it a nitro bomb. >:(

Didn't know CZ's will scratch glass

WTG either way...

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back