Vintage Wendys Table Found. Newspaper Print & Cast Iron.

StarVision

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vintage Wendy's Table Found. Newspaper Print & Cast Iron.

Good morning everyone. I was doing a bit of cleaning and I found an old table in the basement. Apparently it is an old table from Wendy's back in the 70's? It has very cool old newspaper print around the top of it. I would say it is in fairly good condition. I did a bit of research through some other forums and posts, one said that most of these are in poor condition due to Wendy's scrapping and tossing them out. Or just plain abused. Another trying to find one with no leads. I guess a lot of people really love and miss them. Very nostalgic piece. (Not for me sadly)

Measurements: Top table piece: 2ft x 2ft x 2" even. Stands: 29.5" or just shy of 2 1/2 feet. Base "pole" - 2ft.
It has one chip on one of the lower sides as seen in last image. So what are your thoughts? :headbang:

Let's take a look! (Sorry for poor quality, had to work with what I had)

IMAG4321.jpgIMAG4363.jpgIMAG4304.jpgIMAG4309.jpgIMAG4320.jpgIMAG4317.jpgIMAG4341.jpgIMAG4329.jpg

Last edited:
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched Google and found only one that sold BUT you have to be a member to see what it went for March 22nd, 2007 on EBay. They offer a "free trial" but I used that puppy years ago.

ORIGINAL VINTAGE WENDYS TABLE TOP! 1970'S/1980'S

Just found these...

OLD WENDY'S TABLE FOR 2 w/CHAIRS (Edgefield, SC) $150 (Mar 18 2015 12:51 pm)

Also found one on Facebook (cached info) but couldn't find it on the page. This is what it said: "'Wendy's table with 2 chairs c1970-80 $65 set'"

Last edited:
LOL, that table made me think of my first job, LOL. :BangHead:
Wiping tables down and cleaning the dining area at Wendy's. With the pigs that made messes, were sometimes downright rude, and would just leave ALL their garbage on the tables, floors, and everywhere else, I lasted a whopping 3 days!
I learned quick, I won't being doing ingrates, in my lifetime. :notworthy:

Good luck with your table(I have no idea the value), but you couldn't pay me, to take the thing. :laughing7:
nothing personal.....

eta: I did do a search, could find nothing showing sold, prices, value, either, sorry.

Last edited:
I was able to create a trial account on WP.. It sold for $36. LOL. Well, it looks cool ^-^ Not worth taking the pictures in my opinion. Not to mention shipping the thing? Good lord. I'm speaking from a seller's perspective though. I should just admire it.

LOL, that table made me think of my first job, LOL. :BangHead:
Wiping tables down and cleaning the dining area at Wendy's. With the pigs that made messes, were sometimes downright rude, and would just leave ALL their garbage on the tables, floors, and everywhere else, I lasted a whopping 3 days!
I learned quick, I won't being doing ingrates, in my lifetime. :notworthy:

Good luck with your table(I have no idea the value), but you couldn't pay me, to take the thing. :laughing7:
nothing personal.....

eta: I did do a search, could find nothing showing sold, prices, value, either, sorry.

LOL. Sorry I brought back that experience for you :tongue3: Apparently it is not so great, so it will be a craigslist post for me. Maybe trade for a new computer desk or something :dontknow:

LOL. Sorry I brought back that experience for you :tongue3: Apparently it is not so great, so it will be a craigslist post for me. Maybe trade for a new computer desk or something :dontknow:
LOL, it's all good..... :laughing7: With the proper outlook, even unpleasant things/experiences, can teach us much. :notworthy:
I was only 12, lesson learned....... NEXT. :laughing7:

There's probably someone out there, has very fond memories of that table, they are kinda hipster/retro/chic. :dontknow: So someone may would pay good for it.
I don't think I'd try to ship it to anyone, lol. That's just my experience/opinion, others opinions may vary.

I am interested in this table. Is it for sale? I've been looking everywhere.

Thanks
Rush Montgomery

Cool table! Reminds me of my brother's house. The attic was covered with news paper from the turn of the century.

Pretty cool. Haven't see those in a loooooong time. Reminds me of the old wall paper Subway used to have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back