🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Vintage furniture identification

punker

Oct 22, 2023
IMG_7258.jpeg
I found a piece of furniture on the street with this mark on the back panel. Im having a really hard time finding any information about this makers mark manufacturer. If anyone here has the answer or ANY ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Does it read.....

REAL-ART
READY TO PAINT
FURNITURE
BY
IRWIN ALEXANDER & SON CO
BROOKLYN 21 NEW YORK

If you can confirm or decipher the first name, that might help. Right now all my searches are coming up blank.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
View attachment 2111267I found a piece of furniture on the street with this mark on the back panel. Im having a really hard time finding any information about this makers mark manufacturer. If anyone here has the answer or ANY ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Can you show a picture of the whole thing/furniture item?

Right now I'm not having any luck finding an Irwin Alexander & Co furniture company. We do have some people on here, that can find/identify just about anything and everything. I just happen, to not be one of those people.

Oh and before I forget my manners again. Welcome to TNet from the Panhandle of Florida.

Upvote 0
This may be a clue to the forerunner of, or successor to the company... from Trow’s New York City Directory of 1856:

Alexander.jpg

Maybe ready to paint furniture was a short-lived unsuccessful venture.

Upvote 1
wow. Thanks guys! It’s difficult to source this kind of information without paying for it. Makes sense that it was most likely a short-lived sort of thing. It’s MCM in style, very lightweight and seems to be made of pretty modest wood. I’ll post an image of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Welcome Punker... :hello:

Slightly improved lettering...

IMG_7258.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back