Vintage Ford key

Beatrice99

Nov 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I am new here and have found in husbands' grandfathers house a Ford key. Before WW II he had a Ford car and the only thing left is this key. I was told that this could be model T but it doesn't resemble them in amy way. On the back there is a #8. If someone could help me I would be grateful.

IMG_3408.JPG

tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post Beatrice99 - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Upvote 0
Ah HA! I actually have found two of those jeff, one with a small letter B inside a circle, was made by Briggs & Stratton no less, abt. 1919-20, made of Nickle Silver, and the other, your picture to the left, abt. 1926 made of Brass. Found them years ago in two different towns. Have no way to post any pictures, but you have. Very cool.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am new here and have found in husbands' grandfathers house a Ford key. Before WW II he had a Ford car and the only thing left is this key. I was told that this could be model T but it doesn't resemble them in amy way. On the back there is a #8. If someone could help me I would be grateful.

View attachment 1516697

I think this would fall under a Ford padlock key rather than a Ford vehicle.

Upvote 0
I think this would fall under a Ford padlock key rather than a Ford vehicle.

Agreed.
I was about to post the same thought.
It looks like a key to a warded padlock to me.
So, maybe a trunk, toolbox or glove box? (industrial truck?)

Upvote 0
Agreed.
I was about to post the same thought.
It looks like a key to a warded padlock to me.
So, maybe a trunk, toolbox or glove box? (industrial truck?)

I know that Ford offered spare tire padlocks, too.

Upvote 0
Ah HA! I actually have found two of those jeff, one with a small letter B inside a circle, was made by Briggs & Stratton no less, abt. 1919-20, made of Nickle Silver, and the other, your picture to the left, abt. 1926 made of Brass. Found them years ago in two different towns. Have no way to post any pictures, but you have. Very cool.

Yea I have a few also (the above 2 are not Mine) I never researched to see if there is a way to tell model T from Model A though

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back