vietnam vets

fishdaddy

May 28, 2010
i have what i think is a metal from the vietnam war im almost positive it was my stepdads i would like to identify it.

000_0936.jpg

000_0941.jpg

000_0942.jpg

They look to be pre WWII to mid WWII style collar brass for the US Army, the one on the right is U.S. for United States, the one on the left is an Engineer disc. Both were worn on the collars of the uniform.

Honestly they look to have traits of several of the early variations. Look at the following link, with them in hand you might get a better match than we can. Photos are little blurry.

Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks

Mike

Upvote 0
from the link they seem to be from 1937 to 1943.sorry for the blurry pics my camera dont work so good

thanks for the help

Upvote 0
well on a closer look the ones on ebay are dome shaped mine arent.were all the ones from nam dome shaped?

Upvote 0
Yours look to be WW2 era pins to me. When you unscrew the nut on the back does the insignia separate from the disc or are they one piece? Also can you see any makers marks on the backs?

Upvote 0
thanks.i was hoping they were my stepdads from nam.i wonder where he got them at.he died in 01 of agent orange disease

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back