Video of My DIV XXI Recoveries

Another very enjoyable video and very well done. Richard. We are going to have to get you to Tennessee to film one of our hunts when we find some new productive sites this Fall or Winter. The Brandy Station soil is pretty hot but you did well there. The heavier style rivet you dug will (many times) have leather remnants in the groove so we have experienced so be careful cleaning it. They are heavy weight rivets compared to the ones used on harness or in knapsacks. Anyone who has not experienced running a piece of history under their coil has missed a rewarding experience. Good job, Quindy.

Cool vidio and neat finds HH

Hey Doug - yes it was, though it started out kinda slow. I'm glad I came back that last day of the hunt.

Another very enjoyable video and very well done. Richard. We are going to have to get you to Tennessee to film one of our hunts when we find some new productive sites this Fall or Winter. The Brandy Station soil is pretty hot but you did well there. The heavier style rivet you dug will (many times) have leather remnants in the groove so we have experienced so be careful cleaning it. They are heavy weight rivets compared to the ones used on harness or in knapsacks. Anyone who has not experienced running a piece of history under their coil has missed a rewarding experience. Good job, Quindy.

Hey Quindy - thanks! That rivet was found in an area where a lot of iron buckles were found, including the one I show in the video. You're right, it is a hefty one. This one did not have any leather left in it, though I have found ones before that did. I'd be honored to come and hunt with you Tennessee boys! And happy to do the filming and produce a video as well - "Diggin' In The Volunteer State" - Just let me know and give me some heads up. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back