Video Hunt and a New POV Camera....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been testing a new type of camera here recently. This camera is a P.O.V. (point of view). It is a camera mounted in a pair of glasses. It is time saving and a lot easier to use than carrying a tripod and standard camera around. I will be doing a full review on these in the next couple of days. I also will be receiving a different brand that is a step from these, in a few days and will also be reviewing those also.I wanted to share the hunt and video so you can see what I have been up to.

I really have been struggling to find new spots to hunt in my home town. I have been hunting this town since I was a kid and finding something I haven’t went over with the CTX or my other newer detectors is almost impossible. I went down to a particular part of town that has a lot of the older history and located two homes that I had passed by several times because no one was living there or never home. Sunday was a lucky day. The people were home and they were caretakers for the next door house too. One home was built in 1929 the other 1919.

The first house, 1929, has a smaller front yard that was full of targets. Luckily I started seeing and hearing targets in the 5-9 inch range that were producing finds from the 40′s and older.
First target was this token. At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to find where and when because the back is blank.. Did some searching and came across an historian that immediately recognized it..
IJx5stc.jpg

This token is from the Producer’s Produce Co. in Missouri….
The Producer’s Produce Company started around 1905 in Missouri. It was using local farmers’ poultry to sell to other city’s and company’s. It quickly grew and by the 20′s it had 9 different location’s. In the 30′s PPC started using bulk grocery items as a form of payment to the farmers that were bringing in their poultry…
z0yDbx3.png

After the token I continued a grid and came up immediately with a thimble.. This one one is and advertising token from Blue Star Ointment..

QvAe1Gy.jpg

BlueStar for Skin Diseases

mFWjANr.jpg

“for Skin Diseases”

I spoke to the president of the BlueStar Ointment Company by email and was she was excited to see this piece of history from her family’s business… She told me that the ointment was invented from a chemist in Plantersville, Tx.

I found quite a few wheat cents on this hunt. I ended up with 7 total and the oldest was a 1916…
M2zypzG.jpg

One in particular had a very weird patina almost a bronze color…..

Trying to get through the yard quickly I moved on to the next. I wanted to get an idea what I was going to be finding on my return trip.. The very first target was rather deep and hit high, somewhere around 13-47.. Thinking a possible half or a quarter.. I was surprised to see this cool looking padlock. there is not identifying marks other than a “2″ and a horseshoe? or ohm symbol..

vbFVBfm.jpg

No makers mark but the shackle still works

7cBQsTu.jpg

the shackle still works..

I continued to dig wheats, one was only about an inch down. I found a heart shaped charm of some sort. It isn’t silver but is really heavy..
iT3ofFV.jpg

heavy heart charm

This was the only silver coin of the hunt…
qJLVVOs.jpg

I had hunted for about 30 minutes a few days before and I wanted to share those finds as well..

nvmbaFj.jpg

yCL5UDR.jpg

Kinda shocked at the condition of this 1898 Indian Head Cent

ePLpKEe.jpg

sjdkRGu.jpg

1943 S War Nickel

ywwVZWF.jpg

Maxwell House Coffee Ad Thimble

BJ9udbB.jpg

Maxwell House Coffee Ad Thimble

Nu5VsHU.jpg

Not sure if this was a button or a collar brass. I was able to find several, but none exactly like it..

I also managed a 1920 D Mercury dime but when I began writing this story I couldn’t locate it. I beginning to think my son liberated it. :lmfao:

Here is the video from that hunt.. Just to let you know the first segment when I dig the IH, the sound was from just the glasses. I filmed the rest with the aid of a digital recorder with a mic so it will sound much better on the rest of the film..

Upvote 5
Great hunt.really like those thimbles.I thought that Lady was going to tell ya to go to her place to hunt.but the place she told ya probably would be a great spot to.congrats

Awesome hunt!!

Thanks guys!

Great video and great finds but I do have one comment......you left the detector all alone and not once did I see the headcam swing it's way to check on it...tsk...tsk...tsk

Way to go Evan - as usual you are cutting edge - very nice finds - keep up the good work

great finds, great video, and really nice pictures! congrats!

Great video and great finds but I do have one comment......you left the detector all alone and not once did I see the headcam swing it's way to check on it...tsk...tsk...tsk
lol Yeah but I could still hear the hum of the threshold in my headphones.. I new it was close...

Way to go Evan - as usual you are cutting edge - very nice finds - keep up the good work
well thanks.. Idk about cutting edge but you give a redneck a choice on how he is going to do something he will always find an easier way...

great finds, great video, and really nice pictures! congrats!
Thanks Bud...

Very pretty 1898er that is in excellent condition and nice late 19th/early 20th century relics you got...:occasion14:

Seems those glasses would be the way to go when filming. Don't have to worry over babysitting a camera.
Awesome finds, E! Did you find out anything on the 'wolf' looking button?
Nana
:hello:

Seems those glasses would be the way to go when filming. Don't have to worry over babysitting a camera.
Awesome finds, E! Did you find out anything on the 'wolf' looking button?
Nana
:hello:
Nana there were so many of the "hunting buttons" US and the UK, I found at least 30, quit counting.. The back was rusted so bad. Im not sure if there was a back to it or if the shank was what was causing all the rust but I couldn't find anything to help ID it more...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back