Victorian Broach? Fancy Buckle? What?

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I've recently been hunting a school field that was resurfaced several years back. Besides the usual TONS of clad, I've been finding odds n ends such as half an ornate sleigh bell, barrel spigots, and just NOT your usual school field type stuff. Now the school itself has been there and still operating since 1908, but what I'm wondering is WHERE did they get the tons and tons and MORE tons of soil fill that they covered the whole property with? :icon_scratch: ANYway, enclosed is three photos, the best that I could take anyway with my phone cuz right now it's the only camera I've got. You'll notice there's four prongs within the oval shape that obviously held SOMEthing, but do not know what. There is also original fabric still attached to the back. So, if you think you recognize this thing, ANY help will be great! Thanks for looking...Paul
Also, sorry, it's about 3 1/2" X 2 1/2"

Attachments

• MDingVicky3.jpg
    MDingVicky3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 351
  • MDingVicky.jpg
    MDingVicky.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 336
  • MDingVicky2.jpg
    MDingVicky2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 350
Hard to tell by your pics but I agree with Victorian period and it appears to be a variant of a Butterfly belt buckle :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I agree, half of a Victorian ladies sash buckle :icon_thumright:

Tim

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks for your input. Gotta find my digital camera and dig it out, these phone photo's aren't cutting it. Butterfly buckle huh? At least I have something to go by and I'll see if I can find more info or pix of them...thanks again! Paul :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Attachments

• buckle victorian era crop.jpg
    buckle victorian era crop.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 263
  • buckle victorian era rotate.jpg
    buckle victorian era rotate.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 258
  • buckle sash 2 piece.jpg
    buckle sash 2 piece.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 246
  • buckle sash 2 pieces.jpg
    buckle sash 2 pieces.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 259
  • buckle sash 3.jpg
    buckle sash 3.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0
HEY Big Cypress! Thanks a real lot! I had never heard of them and now I do. Great ID job there :thumbsup: Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back