Very thin Midland blade

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Hey guys, long time no see !

Thought I would share this little blade with you all.
I laid it side by side on another Midland, you can see the flaking is identical all the way down to the touch up micro flaking. The blade has very light grinding and has been re sharpened many times to get its form. The side shot id of the blade with a nickel for thickness comparison.
I will show some more a little later of the grey Midland , it has a twist to it for those of you who have not seen the other side yet, I think a few of you will like it.

20130907_145453.jpg20130907_145639.jpg20130907_145955.jpg

Upvote 0
Chong, as usual, you drag the real deal to the table. I hope you do not mind answering a question for me. I have a couple of paleo points and I'm yet to put a positive ID on their lithic. Do you mind telling me what you think they are made of?

image-673368525.jpg

image-1596418808.jpg

image-1973036328.jpg

image-1537464062.jpg

image-2627980691.jpg

Also, while you are here, can you tell me if this piece looks paleo to you?

image-1344309520.jpg

image-4131508329.jpg

The first two were found in VA. along the Dan river. The green rhyolite piece was found in NC. Along the Hyco creek, which, if I'm not mistaken, feeds into the Dan River. Sorry if I stomped on your post. I mean no disrespect. It's just so rare to see you post and you are the Paleo man. Thanks for any insight and thanks for sharing your remarkable finds!!

Wow. Amazing. A true work of art!

Very nice!
Makes me happy not to see that broken.
Thanks for sharing.

very nice chong

Talk about a late response, sorry about that. NC, im sorry , I really do not know lithic material names, except for a few from my local area. Wish I could help you id some. That nice grey one that fluted on one side, how long and how wide is that?

killing it again my friend......nice pieces.......where has Manchu been??

killing it again my friend......nice pieces.......where has Manchu been??

He has been doing good. We go out as much as we can. Just don't post online any more....
Planning a trip here in a few weeks actually!

That bottom piece looks like it may be an un fluted preform NC.

very nice chong thanks for sharing.i swear i have some stuff that looks like that flaking.

What beautiful examples. There are a bunch of people around here that have never seen your stuff. When you get a chance, maybe you could post a couple. In the mean time, thank you for the treat. Just beautiful. Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back