Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...it is amazing how poor some (colonists) were....

I gave this site a couple hours previously as there was a lot iron signals around.
BUT NOT a single copper ?.... (head scratch) ... these people were poor....

Anyway, a short trip, and in the shade I did find the biggest crotal bell in 9 years digging. 2+1/4 " diameter. IMG_1970.JPG
These things are rare to dig at this size, and not broke...OK, the one I found does have a small hole in the back, but still a "tough find condition."

Upvote 16
Looks like a "Petal Bell" or sleigh bell - Congrats! :occasion14:

That's a sweet bell, congrats on finding it in one piece. I would happily trade you for the seven clad pennies I found in 3 hours tonight.

Congrats on the bell, nice find. There wasn't a great need for money in a lot of the colonies due to the fact of bartering. I know here in Maryland tobacco was the main trade item.

Very cool find, finding them always makes me think of what it was like back then...:occasion14:

That is a large one alright, and light you say, the big ones are usually broken.

Big enought for a Sheep ..farmer

That's a big one Rick, don't see many of those do we?
ZDD

That's a big one Rick, don't see many of those do we?
ZDD

ZDD glad to see you back !
No don't see that size hardly ever. I have at least 2 dozen complete crotals, and only one or maybe 2 crumbs of the big ones. Cleaned this one up, and it says "No 9".

Sweet bell. I found a nice amount of crotal bells around here but only a piece of one that big. I've been on a bit clanger bell kick lately though! [emoji2]

Great sized Crotal Bell. Those bigger ones are tough to come by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back