fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this tag today and was wondering if anyone could give me any info on it. It reads "vehicle" at the top right. Under that are the numbers 46496. Beneath that "Georgia _otor(Motor). Under that is 19_ _. Then in the bottom left it reads V(?) eric_ _
I didn't put anything in for size so I am including a picture of todays finds with a half dime to give you an idea.

Attachments

• April 09 finds.JPG
    April 09 finds.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 269
  • vehicle tag 1.JPG
    vehicle tag 1.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 271
Spooky said:
That may be a "year tag' that was bolted in addition to the plate itself, (kinda like the stickers function now)

You might post this in the 'GA' section here....

Yeah I was thinking some kind of Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), bolted on the chassy somewhere used a check for stolen vehicles & date of car if it looks tampered with. - This is just a guess & the modern ones are 17 digits so its probably wrong :dontknow:

Upvote 0
Not any kind of VIN or license plate tag I've ever seen & I've been in the car business for 35 years and an old car nut for almost as long. Also never seen a VIN number with the name of the state listed other than modern state issued VIN numbers for kit cars & thet type of thing and those are normally a decal. If I had to guess I'd say maybe a taxi license or chaufeur permit type tag. Possibly a manufacturer issued VIN tag for a trailer or something like that made in Georgia but unlikely it was from a car or truck.

Upvote 0
These are called dash tags. They were used before and sometimes in addition to the more traditional rectangular tags mounted on the front or back of vehicles. These were affixed on the dash.

Here is one I found here in Arkansas. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,218764.0.html

Attachments

• 1919-tag.jpg
    1919-tag.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 1919-tag.jpg
    1919-tag.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back