✅ SOLVED valve?

Stegner

Jan 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC, Whites Prizm 5
While this looks like a valve there is no sign of a seal around where the small "door" opens. Note how the end of the metal rod is shaped like it fits into some other connector. Valve (if that's what it is) moves very freely. Found this in a site where I have found parts to old Model T and old Dodges. Is this automotive or something else? Have fun helping me figure this out.

Attachments

• valve1.JPG
    valve1.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 175
  • valve2.JPG
    valve2.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 240
  • valve3.JPG
    valve3.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 231
Yup alcohol burner cover. HH
Broken Knee " the metal rod is shaped like it fits into some other connector". That part is missing the handle it was probably wooden?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...are you sure it isn't an antique perfume spritzer?

Upvote 0
...are you sure it isn't an antique perfume spritzer?

The rod is solid, not hollow.
I have also found some parts to some old alcohol stoves that were innovative for farmhouses back at turn of century. If anyone can explain how this worked, I'd be curious. Thanks.

Upvote 0
The rod is solid, not hollow.
I have also found some parts to some old alcohol stoves that were innovative for farmhouses back at turn of century. If anyone can explain how this worked, I'd be curious. Thanks.
I was just doing a search on some related items and am wondering if you have a "popoff" valve that would have been used to keep the pressure under 15 LBs on a carbide gas generator, (used for heating and lighting before elecricity), some were used on early autos too. You did not want over 15 pounds of pressure or the gas would explode.
Maybe those alcohol stoves were gas generators?

Upvote 0
I hope this helps as it is not an exact match but you get the idea? Your handle would have been wooden. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Attachments

• burner.jpg
    burner.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back