Vacation so far

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Well Bobbie have been on vacation since last saturday, now usually for us vacation means nonstop detecting, however this week has been different, in that we have only actaully been able to detect for about 4 hours the whole time as we have been spending a week in the mountains with Bobbies mom and dad and my mom, sister, her husband and daughter.
We did take my 8 year old niece and brother in law out detecting for about an hour yesterday, Bobbie detected, while I helped them. My niece found a nickle, penny and a junk ring, brother in law found bout 80 cents, and Bobbie ended up with bout $2.50 incluing a sackie. Wish I had my camera out there to get a picture of her face when she pulled that nickel up.
We went gem mining for the first time while we were up there. Of course as always miss lucky found a 2 nice sapphires and a ruby that we will have cut so they can be mounted when we get home next week.
The families are on there way home and we are now taking our monthly road trip. I will post pictures sunday eveing when we get home. Looks like everyone has been having a good week. congrats to all
hh
dave+bobbie

Upvote 0
Dave & Bobbie, sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation with your families. Sounds like you're getting the other family members "addicted" LOL! :) Keep up the good work, and we'll be waiting for your pics!

HH 8) surfrat

Sounds like my family except after 2 or 3 Boxes of wine the fights start!
Glad your having a great trip.
Dano

Sounds like a good fun filled vacation.I look forward to you finds after the weekend.

Dave, Where would a guy go to try some of that sapphire and ruby mining ? We have been to Diamond Crater in Arkansas with no luck. We like to try out places like that on our travels.
Have fun and be safe on the rest of your trip !
~Kansas~

PS..... Dano, are we related ? LOL :)

Glad yall checked in and gave us an update! :D Sounds like your having a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures! And good luck to ya on you next couple a weeks finds! Congrats to Bobbie for her gem finds too! ;)

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back