VA BEACH Finds

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I headed to Va Beach on Friday to visit family members and along the way I finally stopped to inquire about a house that has intrigued me for yrs. It is an old house that appears to have been built prior to the Civil War. The woman at the smaller house out front told me she was a renter but a lot of ppl have stopped by with an interest in this old house ..to buy it , restore it , etc etc. She told me she has seen ppl metal detecting there before. I asked her if i could get the number of the owner of the property, but she told me that they preferred she keep that info confidential. I asked her if it would be ok to go back there and take some pics...and she said fine, no problem( notice the honey bee hive in the top left column of the porch). Anyways, I continued my trek to Va Beach. Visited with family there and decided to go metal detecting at the oceanfront. Within the first five minutes, I found a wallet on the surface of the sand. I hunted a few more hours and found a watch, a heart shaped pendant and about 10 dollars in clad. After a while i took a break and went to a nearby 7-11 for coffee and opened the wallet. There was 1 dollar cash, 2 credit cards and a military ID(US ARMY PFC) and a receipt with 2 phone numbers written on it (women's ph numbers). I tried both ph numbers ...one out of service and the other , no answer. I gave the wallet to the Va Beach police and they indicated they would handle it. When I returned home a few days later, I had a voice message from one of the women. I returned her call today and she answered. Apparently , she is a MP and knew this gentleman and indicated he was missing. I told her I had found his wallet on the beach and had given it to the Va Beach Police. She said she would try to contact him and relay that info to him. I hope all is well and that he gets his wallet back soon. Also, while hunting on the beach i encountered a few other MD'ers. One said he was a TNET member that goes by the screenname of gravediggermax or something like that. And another guy that told me that he had found a Charleston SC slave tag and was featured in North South Trader magazine for a Porter tag he had found. Any ways , I had a great time and let one my sons try MD-ing on the beach . He found a few quarters and dimes and seems to enjoy the hobby.

HH y'all
I think my next stop might be Spotslvania VA, I have a few friends that live very close to the battlefields.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 718
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 716
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 719
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 714
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 718
Upvote 0
Shame about the house. Looks like it has some potential. Well, maybe you can check town records for info on the owner. Good luck and keep hunting!

I love how old houses like that have no bushes, or very little........what were they thinking back then...just makes you wonder.....what it looked like when new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back