Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 340
  • mercback.jpg
    mercback.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
Nice going twister. You must be digging in some dry soil. That V Nickel is beautiful. Every one I have ever found is really trashed from the wet soil we have up here. Congrats...Lance

Nice looking coins, twister. That nickel is nice looking. The soil in PA eats up old nickels.

Congratulations.

That is the first V nickel I have found. Its ok shape. I have found a few Buffalo's and they are actually pretty good. Maybe its the dirt here. Im in Tennessee

HH

twister

Great finds twister, silver is always good. I hope to find a V nickel this summer. HH
Mchamby

Very nice finds, WTG!!!
Did that nickle come out of the ground that color, or have you done something to it to bring the color back?
Most?/ all of the ones I dig around here are all reddish/brown...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

I siak them in heated peroxide from a hair salon. May not be the best way to do it im not sure but it works pretts good for me. It seems to not do as well on the buffalo's though. I have done it to 2 V's and seems to do pretty well. I have tried with the peroxide you get at the store and that wont do anything to them as far as I can tell. I went to a salon and got some good stuff there.

HH

Twister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back