beanflippinclint

Oct 26, 2023
Bonner county ,north Idaho
Detector(s) used
Mine lab ctx3030. Excalibur,deus,deus2 ,deus orx, and about 5 others
Just deus 2 v2.0 and orx from now on .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on the side of the road by the park 8” down hitting a hard 62 ,lol like me a hard 62 .....I’m still giggling like a girl when I use my new shovel the SEAX MAN EASY DIGGING ....1901 V NICKLE ,in about 6 years of detecting under my belt ,took the last 5 year off ,so in the last 11 years I’ve never got a v-nickel ,and I get two in two weeks..and had some guy call and want me to do his 1850 one room cabin area he has on his property. damm snow ..next year !
E1CE9971-CEB5-4D64-8A24-F996F64910ED.jpeg
9289BF46-76B9-4ED9-A8E3-F07E5E70EA3A.jpeg

Upvote 25
The only thing that is bad is clad coins the older stuff seems fine the iron is real rusty . Cobblestone soil...I haven’t started relic hunting yet just coin shooting .

I found this on the side of the road by the park 8” down hitting a hard 62 ,lol like me a hard 62 .....I’m still giggling like a girl when I use my new shovel the SEAX MAN EASY DIGGING ....1901 V NICKLE ,in about 6 years of detecting under my belt ,took the last 5 year off ,so in the last 11 years I’ve never got a v-nickel ,and I get two in two weeks..and had some guy call and want me to do his 1850 one room cabin area he has on his property. damm snow ..next year ! View attachment 2114931View attachment 2114932
Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

I’ve seen hundreds of V Nicks posted here on Tnet in the past ten years, maybe a thousand. I’ve never seen one “clean up” as nice as yours. What’s your secret? I’ve got maybe 20 myself, and they all look like my dog passed them.

I’ve seen hundreds of V Nicks posted here on Tnet in the past ten years, maybe a thousand. I’ve never seen one “clean up” as nice as yours. What’s your secret? I’ve got maybe 20 myself, and they all look like my dog passed them.
Warm water , brush ... I must of got lucky . I don’t know what to tell ya man......I’ve never seen one let alone know how to grade them ...these older coins are new to me ..I’m a beach guy every coin looks bad ... maybe the soil is good to old shit I don’t know ......I’ll know more next year after the snow....

Warm water , brush ... I must of got lucky . I don’t know what to tell ya man......I’ve never seen one let alone know how to grade them ...these older coins are new to me ..I’m a beach guy every coin looks bad ... maybe the soil is good to old shit I don’t know ......I’ll know more next year after the snow....
Wow I feel like a j-6 protester ,I promise I just climbed over the wall and the doors were open they let me in.FBI 30 YEARS IN PRISON . I feel my integrity is in question. Wow I don’t think I’ve ever had that happen. IN 30 YEARS I HIT THAT PERSON IN THE MOUTH ,just saying ,From this day forward .I will never write a statement again . I will read but never post not one pic’.i find two nickels better than norm. and call me a lier .I played it off at first butt and it’s a big butt fuc— that . LIFE IS TO SHORT TO Be accused of shit just little teeny shit that you didn’t do.I don’t like u now....

Last edited:
I found this on the side of the road by the park 8” down hitting a hard 62 ,lol like me a hard 62 .....I’m still giggling like a girl when I use my new shovel the SEAX MAN EASY DIGGING ....1901 V NICKLE ,in about 6 years of detecting under my belt ,took the last 5 year off ,so in the last 11 years I’ve never got a v-nickel ,and I get two in two weeks..and had some guy call and want me to do his 1850 one room cabin area he has on his property. damm snow ..next year ! View attachment 2114931View attachment 2114932
That’s a beauty.

Please remember our rules, unless someone has proof a find is not a find that they can show mods do not accuse a member in open forum of posting a faked find.

Last edited:
That nickel isn't in great shape.
I sitting here wondering if I should get up & look at my "V",s , I've found over the years it's a handful.

I know I found them that’s all that counts ....I even have pic’s of the dig butt and it’s a big butt now I WONT SHOW THEM ....NOT SURE IF I CAN POST ANYTHING NOW .the trust has been broke,now I will never be believed....so I’ll read because it’s good stuff here....I’ll post finds if I do somewhere else..there’s no real digging going on for the next 5-6 months here anyways...snow .both nickels are real nickels dug from the ground in north idaho in nov 2023 if u can’t beleave or handle it sorry for u . To tell u the truth to write this sucks. I hate fighting over little shit ,two shitty v nickels worth 1.00
I was so proud of myself finding two when I never even held one before the first thing I could think of is how proud the boys will be to see this ,also found a gold ring ,and a silver ring and a Barber dime and a standing liberty quarter,1938 dog tags ,1900’s homes with full access just might bring up some finds that even I won’t believe .it been a fun month . And I won’t let this fu— my good luck up. Even though it makes me sad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back