USN Pin and some silver dimes

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
I hit a small (50' x 133') lot with a house built in 1920 for 2 hours today. Best finds were these two dimes and what appears to be a US Navy pin, but I can't find anything about it searching the Internet. The two pieces were in the same hole but I think they are suppose to be together like I set them in the second pic? Anyone know?

Attachments

• USN-1.JPG
    USN-1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 324
  • USN-2.JPG
    USN-2.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
The Navy Pin is what a Chief Petty Officer wears on his/her collar. Nice finds

SS,

real nice finds. Like the pin. Those silvers are always nice.

Looks like you had a good hunt.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

yeah nice finds, that pin is pretty cool

Well, that's it. Probobly no more mercs out there. WTG on the silvers and the pins. HH! Chris

Nice Finds!!!

Military stuff is neat, silver is always nice. Good job.

The Marine Corps is a department of the navy.

Really nice SS!!!

;)

Thanks for the nice replies everyone!? The landowner is going to ask her neighbors too, so maybe if I go back again I will have three times the land to hunt.? I also found a couple of Matchbox cars, and I think one is from the sixties? Mine is too dirty and smashed to show, but here is the identical thing on Ebay.? I also posted this because the seller seems to have a good MD spot if you are near LaPorte, TX and can get permission...? ?;D Oh wait, looks like the property is in Maine, perhaps even better...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matchbox-Series...oryZ1175QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back