✅ SOLVED US tag(?) with rifles on it and another find nearby

Staci (Fargo ND)

Aug 29, 2006
Fargo, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting in my back yard today west of Fargo, North Dakota and found this strange coin-shaped badge/pin/tag and can't figure out what it might be. Military?

I also found these two pieces of what appear to be lead in the same area, one of which looks like a piece had been "pulled" off of it causing the end to look stretched.

Anyone have an idea what either of these things are? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    837.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
The tag is an infantry equipment tag, around WWI era. This basic search shows a few variants: wwi equipment tag - Google Search

Something like this pic then?

Wow awesome! Mine doesn't appear to have a number stamped into it...does that mean it was never used? My house was built in 1912 but has another foundation within 50 feet of a much older home. I wonder if a previous homeowner was in WWI...

My first real relic :laughing7: I love picking something up and thinking about the last person who touched it and how long ago it was. Thanks nhbenz!

Attachments

• ProdPhoto101625.jpg
    ProdPhoto101625.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I usually don't know nothin 'bout nothin ... but could it be older? I'm envisioning a Dances with Wolves scenario. Could it be from the earliest history of U.S. Army in your area?

Cool as all hell...great find!

Upvote 0
Staci, realize that little boys went to the local military surplus stores during and after WW2 and bought up WW1 items cheap to "play army." My dad did! May explain why it was there too. Sub 8-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back